Photography and photocopying
Full details of all copying services can be found in the following document:
- £1 per image
- £10 per day
- £25 for 5 day permit (valid for one year)
All self-service photography is subject to copyright and other conditions made on appointment, and is for private or research use only. Forms are available in the Library Office. Payment is by cash or cheque only.
To help ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998), records and manuscripts which are less than 100 years old may not be photographed.
Staff or professional photography
To request images, photocopies or scans of items from the Library collection please email the Library (email@example.com) with full details of the image required. You can obtain this information from the Library Catalogue (http://yorsearch.york.ac.uk/).
- £1.00 per A4 scan or photograph by member of staff (£3.00 minimum order)
- £3.10 per image by professional photographer
- £10.00 handling charge (applies to all staff and professional photography orders)
- £24.20 fee for arranging professional photography
Print/electronic publication of copies (per image)
The Minster will only grant licensing permissions for images of a professional quality.
- £59.35 in commercial publications
- £16.50 in private publications for sale
- No charge for free charity publications/unpublished works
- A4 £0.20 standard B&W rate for all readers (additional £2.30 for UK postage, £5 outside of UK if required)
- A4 £0.60 colour
- A3 £0.30 B&W
University of York staff and students: please note that York Minster Library is not connected to York Print Plus, nor can it accept other University copying cards.
A note on payment
- All prices quoted on this page include VAT. Prices exclusive of VAT are available via the Historic Collections Charges document (top of page).
- Orders must be paid in advance. A pro forma will be issued where appropriate.
- We accept payment by cash and bank transfer in Pound Sterling (£, GBP).