Enjoy a range of family activities in York Minster’s Dean’s Park this summer holidays designed to make young explorers look up!
- Have-a-go arch building – be inspired by the Minster’s gothic architecture and recreate your own giant arch from foam blocks.
- Heavens’ observation centre – Crawl inside our play den and spot clouds, planes and birds flying by. Let young imaginations run free.
- Give and take tree – enjoy stunning views of the cathedral while you ponder life’s mysteries and add a ribbon with a thought, prayer or wish to our ‘give and take tree’.
- Falconry viewing area – grab a pair of binoculars to spot Mr and Mrs Minster – our resident Peregrine Falcons – nesting on the North West Tower.
- Flying beasts and sunflowers – budding gardeners can enjoy our sensory garden and use magnifying glasses to spot guests at our mini-beast hotel.
The activities, which are free of charge, are part of a range of family events at York Minster this summer including craft activities in the medieval Chapter House, an open air cinema with Luna Cinema and our annual Stoneyard Open Day.